Digital Shorelines for Boston Harbor
- Bothner, M. H., M. Buchholtz ten Brink, B. Butman, H. J. Knebel, F. T. Manheim, and R.
P. Signell. 1994. Circulation and contaminant transport in Massachusetts Coastal Waters: A
summary of achievements and future plans. U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report
- Bothner, M. H., M. Buchholtz ten Brink, and F. T. Manheim. 1997. Metal concentrations in
surface sediments of Boston Harbor - changes with time. Marine Environmental Research In
- Butman, B., M. H. Bothner, J. C. Hathaway, H. L. Jenter, H. J. Knebel, F. T. Manheim,
and R. P. Signell. 1992. Contaminant transport and accumulation in Massachusetts Bay and
Boston Harbor: A summary of U.S. Geological Survey studies. U.S. Geological Survey
Open-File Report 92-202:42 p.
- Crowell, M., S. P. Leatherman, and M. K. Buckley. 1991. Historical shoreline change:
error analysis and mapping accuracy. Journal of Coastal Research 7:3:839-852.
- Ellis, M. Y., and 1978. 1978. Coastal Mapping Handbook. Silver Springs, MD: U.S.
Geological Survey and U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration. (Washington D.C., U.S. Government Printing Office, 197 p.; published in
cooperation with U.S. Geological Survey and U.S. Department of Commerce, Silver Springs,
MD, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- Fritz, L. W. Shoreline layer of the master seafloor digital data base - concept and
tutorial,. Defense Mapping Agency, Hydrographic Initiative, Hydrographic Source Assessment
System, Washington D.C., 28 pp. and appendix.
- Lockwood, M., and 1997. Briefing to the FGDC Coordination Group, National Oceanic and
Atmospheric administration (NOAA), National Ocean Survey, January 7, 1997. Unpublished set
of 30 overhead slide illustration, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA),
National Ocean Survey (NOS), Silver Springs, MD.
- Manheim, F.T., and McIntire, A.G., Digital Shoreline for Boston Harbor, Journal of the
Boston Society of Civil Engineers (in press)
- NOS. 1991. Boston Harbor. NOAA/NOS Nautical Chart, Massachusetts, scale 1:25,000.
- ---. 1993. Boston Harbor (Inner Harbor). NOAA/NOS Nautical Chart, Massachusetts, scale
- ---. 1994. Massachusetts Bay . NOAA/NOS Nautical Chart # 13267, Massachusetts, scale
- MIT, and MassGIS. Tools to facilitate access to digital orthophotos, Planning Support
Systems Group, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Dept. of Urban Studies and Planning,
and M.I.T. Dept. of Urban Studies and Planning, and Massachusetts Geographic Information
System (MassGIS), Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental Affairs, Boston MA. Web
site, http://ortho.mit.edu/: Planning Support Systems Group, Massachusetts Institute of
Technology (MIT), Dept. of Urban Studies and Planning, MIT Dept. of Urban Studies and
Planning, and Massachusetts Geographic Information System (MassGIS), Massachusetts
Executive Office of Environmental affairs, Boston MA.
- Shalowitz, A. L., and 1964. Shore and Sea Boundaries. U.S. Department of Commerce
Publication 10-1, v. 2, Washington, D.C. U.S. Government Printing Office, 749 p.
- TEC, 1992. CORPSCON Coordinate Conversion Software, version 4.11, C/O Jeff Ruby, U.S.
Army Corps of Engineers, Topographic Engineering Division, Alexandria VA.
- Teller, J. A., 1996. DOD Geospatial Data Standardization Project report. Washington
D.C., Defense Mapping Agency, Mar. 1996.
Privacy Statement, Disclaimer,
U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, Woods Hole, MA, USA
The URL of this page is http://
Maintained by email@example.com
Monday, 14-Jan-2013 04:50:54 EST