Woods Hole Coastal and Marine Science Center
Dr. John Crusius
||U.S. Geological Survey,
Woods Hole Field Center
Quissett Campus, 384 Woods Hole Rd.
Woods Hole, MA 02543-1598
Tel. (508) 457-2353
Fax. (508) 457-2310
Selected Recent Publications, by Topic
Submarine groundwater discharge
- Crusius, J., Bratton, J.F., Koopmans, D., McCoy, C. and Corbett, D.R., 2007. Groundwater discharge to the Neuse River estuary inferred from activities of 222Rn. Appl. Geochem., submitted.
- Crusius, J. et al., 2005. Submarine groundwater discharge to a small estuary estimated from radon and salinity measurements and a box model. Biogeosciences, 2(2): 141-157.
- Crusius, J., Bratton, J.F. and Charette, M.A., 2004b. Putting radon to work: Identifying coastal ground-water discharge sites. 04-1318, U.S. Geological Survey.
- Swarzenski, P.W., Bratton, J.F. and Crusius, J., 2004. Submarine ground-water discharge and its role in coastal processes and ecosystems. 04-1226, U.S. Geological Survey.
- Crusius, J. and Wanninkhof, R., 2003. Gas transfer velocities measured at low wind speed over a lake. Limnology And Oceanography, 48(3): 1010-1017.
Radionuclides as tracers of sediment age and bioturbation rates
- Yang L., Li X., Crusius J., Jans U., Melcer M. E., and Zhang P. (2007) Persistent chlordane concentrations in Long Island Sound sediment: Implications from chlordane, 210Pb, and 137Cs depth profiles. Environmental Science & Technology submitted.
- Crusius, J. and Kenna, T.C., 2007. Ensuring confidence in radionuclide-based sediment chronologies and bioturbation rates. Estuarine Coastal And Shelf Science, 71(3-4): 537-544.
- Crusius, J., Bothner, M. and Sommerfield, C.K., 2004. Bioturbation depths, rates and processes in Massachusetts Bay sediments inferred from modeling of 210Pb and 239+240Pu profiles. Est. Coast and Shelf Sci., 61(4): 643-655.
Trace metals, misc.
- Luider, C.D., Crusius, J., Playle, R.C. and Curtis, P.J., 2004. Influence of natural organic matter source on copper speciation as demonstrated by Cu binding to fish gills, by ion selective electrode, and by DGT gel sampler. Environmental Science & Technology, 38(10): 2865-2872.
- Crusius, J. and Thomson, J., 2003. Mobility of authigenic rhenium, silver, and selenium during postdepositional oxidation in marine sediments. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 67: 265-273.
- Martin, A.J., Crusius, J., McNee, J.J. and Yanful, E.K., 2003. The mobility of radium-226 and trace metals in pre-oxidized subaqueous uranium mill tailings. Applied Geochemistry, 18(7): 1095-1110.
- Martin, A.J., Jambor, J.L., Pedersen, T.F. and Crusius, J., 2003. Post-depositional behavior of Cu in a metal-mining polishing pond (East Lake, Canada). Environmental Science & Technology, 37(21): 4925-4933.
- Crusius, J. et al., 2003. A tale of two pit lakes: Initial results of a three-year study of the Main Zone and Waterline pit lakes near Houston, British Columbia, Canada. Mining Engineering, 55(2): 43-48.
- Crusius, J., Pedersen, T.F., Kienast, S., Keigwin, L. and Labeyrie, L., 2004. Influence of northwest Pacific productivity on North Pacific Intermediate Water oxygen concentrations during the Bolling-Allerod interval (14.7-12.9 ka). Geology, 32(7): 633-636.
- Kienast, S.S., Hendy, I.L., Crusius, J., Pedersen, T.F. and Calvert, S.E., 2004. Export production in the subarctic North Pacific over the last 800 kyrs: No evidence for iron fertilization? Journal of Oceanography, 60(1): 189-203