Top level directory:
index.htm - This
file is intended to be the starting point for the DVD-ROM access.
allpulley.apr - ArcView project file created
with ArcView 3.3 on a Windows XP computer. This project file uses TIFF
images with associated world files rather than ESRI formatted grids removing
dependency on extensions that do not come standard with ArcView 3.3.
allpulley_sa.apr - ArcView project file created
with ArcView 3.3 on a Windows XP computer. This ArcView project contains
grids and therefore requires the ArcView extension Spatial Analyst.
- What follows is a brief description of the data contained in the underlying
directories which are utilized in the GIS. For a more complete description
of the data, refer to the data catalog page and the metadata associated
with each data file. This directory contains the following subdirectories:
- this folder includes low-resolution color shaded-relief georeferenced
TIFF images of the region, a portion of the U.S. state boundaries for
location reference, and shapefiles describing the bounds of the study
- contains high-resolution swath bathymetry grids and georeferenced
TIFF images of the study area, as well as hillshade representation of
the bathymetry. These data were collected in 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2003.
- shapefile of the interpretation of the seafloor within the study area
- contains three subdirectories with shapefiles of navigation pertaining
to submersible and ROV operations within the study area from the years
1999, 2000 and 2001. These subdirectories are rov99, rov2001,
and sse. SSE refers to the Sustainable Seas Expedition submarine
- contains shapefiles pertaining to the navigation associated with the
Seabed Observation and Sampling System (SeaBOSS) which includes points
for individual photos, as well as tracklines during which video imagery
was acquired in 2003. The subdirectory jpegs in turn contains
numerous subdirectories based on CD number (i.e.cd2444) which contain
JPEG images of digitized bottom photographs acquired by SeaBOSS.
- contains shapefiles of the seismic navigation from 1996 and 2001,
both tracklines and shotpoint navigation. The subdirectory images
contains JPEG images of the seismic-reflection profiles corresponding
to the navigation.
- contains sidescan-sonar mosaics of the seafloor in the study area
collected in 2001. Subdirectories indicate the projection of the imagery,
either geographic or UTM (zone 17, NAD83). These images are available
in TIFF format.
- contains MPEG animations and Fledermaus scene files which show the
relationship between the high-resolution bathymetry and SeaBOSS bottom
contains the HTML pages accessed within this report. This directory contains
the subdirectory icons which holds all the image files and icons
utilized in constructing the HTML pages.
contains the HTML and ASCII text versions of the metadata files for all
the data contained in this report. This directory is further organized
into the following subdirectories: basemap, bathymetry,
interpretation, rov_sub, seaboss, seismic,
sidescan and visualization.